DC License Renewal Requirements- Update
- License renewal in DC is around the corner. The website will be active soon.
- There will be a NEW REQUIRMENT that EVERYONE renewing again must upload PDF’s documenting CE- the more detailed the better as the board will randomly select individuals for CE audit.
- Please refer to the Board's e-mail:
- Licensees will be required to upload proof of continuing education (CE). This proof can be in the form of separate CE certificates or CE transcripts issued by your certifying Board (e.g., ABMS or AOA), so long as they identify the hours awarded, whether the credits are AMA/AOA approved, and the title of the course.
- Physician Assistants (PA) - One hundred (100) hours of CE every two (2) years, which includes three (3) hours in the subject of HIV/AIDS and two (2) hours in the subject of LGBTQ cultural competency.
- PAs may substitute National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification for the one hundred (100) hours, however, they will still be required to complete the required hours of CE in the subject areas of HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ cultural competency.
- PA’s can upload all CME at the time of Renewal
- Second, Licensees can indicate they have NOT yet completed the required CE, but will do so by December 31, 2018. In this scenario, Licensees can complete the renewal without uploading CE, but must come back and upload such CE by December 31, 2018.
- Lastly, for those Licensees who are renewing for the first time, they can select the option stating they are exempt from CE.
- EVERYONE renewing again must upload proof of CE/CME during this year's renewal process by December 31st
- The DC DOH website is not currently accepting renewals, but will be in the near future https://app.hpla.doh.dc.gov/mylicense/PersonSearchResults.aspx
- Please see our website Bylaws and Meeting Minutes for links to available CME
This e-mail is for informational purposes only. DCACPA accepts no liability for the content, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. All Licensing and Renewal questions should be directed to DC Board of Medicine- Health Professional Licensing Administration. 202-724-8800, https://dchealth.dc.gov/node/159672